Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Notes from I Samuel pt 5

5. 1 Sam 1:8-9

Fed up?...Cheer up! Stand up! :-)
Elkanah ( Hannah's husband) would see his wife stressed out in this manner every year. He would respond (most likely at different times by saying: "Hannah, why are you weeping? Why don't you eat? Why are you downhearted? Don't I mean more to you than 10 sons?" 

So basically, He's saying haven't I been good to you? Aren't I better than 10 insurance p...olicies?...Girl, I got you! ;-)
 
Ok remember, Hannah went thru this YEAR after YEAR. The same routine. The failure, the ridicule, the depression, the attempt at cheering up... The same cycle... Then in vs 9 it says "ONCE when they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh, Hannah STOOD UP."
Y'all now things are about to change! That day could have been like all the others, BUT HANNAH did something DIFFERENT. She stood up for a CHANGE, not for Peninnah 
(her rival), but for herself.

She got FED UP! So she STOOD UP! NOW her world is about to CHEER UP! ... I will pray that the same will happen for you!

Stay tuned y'all...grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment