Monday, April 23, 2012

Notes from I Samuel pt 1




I just came across some of my past notes from the book of Samuel (one of my FAvs), and found myself "Amen-ing"... Do you mind if I share? Ok, it might take several days and I welcome your thoughts and insight. I will also have to back up from my Samuel post last week to fill in some blanks.
 


1st let me start by saying, 'All Scripture is God breathe and is USEFUL for TEACHING (we can always learn so.........mething), REBUKING (confronting w/the truth), CORRECTING (putting us on the right path, straightening), TRAINING (learning certain actions and behavior) IN RIGHTEOUSNESS (the right way to go), so that the MAN (both genders are included) of GOD maybe THROUGHLY equip (completely ready) for EVERY GOOD WORK ( it's time to get prepared for what He wants YOU to DO :-) 1 Tim 3:16

1 Sam. 1:1- There was a man name Elkanah from the town of Ramah.

1:2 He had 2 wives...
Ok stop!
:-) You already know there's gonna be drama. (the lesson so far is, this is NOT what you wanna do ;-).., it would have been bad enough if he had 2 girlfriends, but this man had two wives both with legal dibs on him.

...One was called Hannah, the other Penninah. Peninnah had children (for him) but Hannah had none. In their culture, having sons was everything for a woman. It was her bragging rights and her insurance policy for the future. Sons would take care of her if anything happened to the husband. Can u feel the tension already?

For Hannah, What must it have been like to have been constantly reminded of your failures... By the other woman? Maybe even by the neighbors. The constant competition... The way that girls brag with their faces even when their mouths aren't saying a word... TWO women, wanting FIRST place, in the heart of the SAME man... Exhausting!

Y'all ONLY GOD could ( and can) save the day...:-) Don't lose Heart!
Stay tuned...
Grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment