Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Notes from I Samuel pt 9


1 Sam. 1:17
Don't we all hate it when our words or actions are twisted by someone else and we are accused falsely? Yes, None of us like it.
When Eli mistook Hannah's grieving for drunkenness, She responded like a pro. She did not put her hand on her hip, and bobble her head..Lol! She responded with HUMILITY and with TRUTH. 



Her words were full of grace. She said "Not so My Lord (to Eli the priest), I am a woman who is Deeply troubled. I have not been DRINKING wine or beer, I was POURING OUT my SOUL to the LORD...
When she spoke, she was believable. Her actions supported her story. With a little bit of clarity he could now see her actions in a different light. He gave up his preconceived notion for the truth she offered.
Because of this, Eli added his blessing to her prayers by saying
"Go in PEACE, and May the God of Israel GRANT you what you have ASKED of HIM."

If you are humbling standing in
'Truth' then May this apply to you as well..."Go in peace and may the God of Israel GRANT you what YOU have ASKED of HIM.

Stay tuned :-)
Grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment